Most content marketing efforts fail. Why?
You create the content, hit “publish,” and expect visits, leads, and sales to explode overnight. It’s a nice story, but it rarely happens that way.
So here are the exact steps you need to launch a successful content marketing campaign with these five pillars:
1. Understand your audience: Before you start creating your content, you need to understand for whom you are writing.
2. Map the content to the sales cycle: As a marketer, you need to create content to meet the needs of your prospects at each stage so as to help them move to the next stage of the funnel.
3. Create the content: You now understand the customer and know what type of content goes with each stage of the sales cycle. Now it’s time to create different types of content that decision-makers seek to read.
4. Promote content: You need to push out your content as soon as it goes live and promote the hell out of it. The promotion of your content will largely depend on the campaign.
5. Measure and analyze: Did the content perform well? Did the content perform as you expected? You need to measure how well your content performs and analyze its progress.