“The Human Library is designed to build a positive framework for conversations that can challenge stereotypes and prejudices through dialogue. It is a place where real people are on loan to readers. A place where difficult questions are expected, appreciated and answered”Harshad Dinkar Fad, founder of Human Library in Hyderabad.
- Indore was the site of India’s first Human Library.
- The Human Library Organization is working in over 60 nations.
- They choose participants in the Human Library, like books, from a list to engage in one-on-one discussions and share tales.
- Besides Human Library isn’t just a book to be read. The dialogues provide the idea that stereotypes are being challenged.
- Many of the topics are taboo in Indian society – such as bisexuality, sexual abuse, alcoholic parents, sex work, and social prejudices
- Hence, the sole requirement of the ‘book’ is that it be honest, and that the ‘reader’ be nonjudgmental.