Aimed at providing taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers, the income tax department launched its new portal.
- A single dashboard for all interactions and uploads or pending actions and follow-up action by taxpayer.
- Free of cost Income Tax Returns (ITR) preparation software would be available with interactive questions to help taxpayers.
- Taxpayers can update their profile to provide certain details of income including salary, house property, business used in pre-filling their ITR.
- Detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains will be available after they upload TDS and SFT statements.
- A new call centre for taxpayer help for prompt response to queries, detailed questions, user manuals, etc.
- Functionalities for filing IT forms, submitting responses to notices in faceless scrutiny or appeals would be available.
The CBDT, which comes under the finance ministry, also stated that it will release a mobile app of the portal soon.