Eggs are an incredibly versatile food. From scrambled to poached, there are many ways to cook an egg exactly the way you like.
They’re not just for breakfast either. Eggs are used in a variety of foods, including:
- baked goods
- ice cream
Since you might be eating eggs on a regular basis, any health-conscious person should know about their nutrition.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), there are about 72 calories, in a large egg. A large egg weighs 50 grams (g).
Here’s a general breakdown by size:
- small egg (38 g): 54 calories
- medium egg (44 g): 63 calories
- large egg (50 g): 72 calories
- extra-large egg (56 g): 80 calories
- jumbo egg (63 g): 90 calories
- The yolk of a large egg contains about 55 calories while the white part contains just 17.
- Eating a large egg would account for fewer than 4 percent of the calories in a 2,000-calorie diet.